Want to be a Massage Therapist?
Like to work flexible hours, as an all-round massage therapist, while using different massage techniques? Then the Acupressure Massage Therapy Program (Level 1) might be something for you.
During this program you’ll learn everything you need to know to become an Acupressure Massage Therapist; how to give massage treatments of Table Massage, Chair Massage, Foot Reflexology Massage and Deep Tissue & Sports Massage.
Experience is not needed!
What is Acupressure Therapy Massage?
Acupressure Massage Therapy is aimed at preventing ailments and improving overall health through various massage disciplines: chair massage, foot reflexology massage, deep tissue & sports massage and Thai table massage.
In Asia massage is part of regular medicine, and in the west, the benefits of massage are also becoming more and more familiar.
Thus, research shows that 15 minutes of chair massage results in reduced stress at work, increased alertness and increased speed and accuracy of mathematical calculations.
Office workers who are regularly massaged are more alert, perform better and are less stressed. Chair massage is the best massage to learn if you want a flexible job. As a chair massage therapist you can work in markets, festivals, offices, shops, businesses and more.
Foot reflexology is the most common massage in Asia against insomnia, headache, backache, knee pain, problems in the foot, stress and more.
The benefits of foot reflexology are not yet known in the West, but awareness grows, so you will have big career opportunities as a foot reflexologist.
It is known that through Deep Tissue and Sports massage (professional) athletes recover faster from injuries and also to stay healthy.
In addition, this is the perfect massage to improve your immune system (by stimulating the lymphatic movement that filters waste from white blood cells that fight bacteria), reducing stress (by reducing the level of cortisol in your body), to become happier (by increasing endorphin, the happy hormone) and fight insomnia (the massage balances your mood through the impact on the endocrine system).
And the Thai Table Massage is the most advanced and increasingly popular massage in wellness centres, because of the many health benefits of this massage technique.
As an Acupressure Massage Therapist you have the opportunity to have a very varied job because of the different massage techniques you learn, and you can also offer the techniques in different locations and companies.
DURING THE ACUPRESSURE MASSAGE THERAPY PROGRAM LEVEL 1 YOU LEARN:
Thai Table Massage
- Preventive and therapeutic full body traditional Thai Yoga Massage treatment on the table, based on manipulation of joints, acupressure and stretches over the clothes.
- Increases flexibility and the client experiences deep relaxation through passive stretching and acupressure.
- Thai massage diminishes stress, relaxes tension areas in the whole body, is good for headache and back pain, improves flexibility and boosts the energy level.
Upon completion students are able to perform an effective Thai Table Massage of 1 to 2 hours.
Thai Chair Massage Lanna Style
- Effective massage to the back, neck, shoulders, and hands on a massage chair and on an ordinary chair.
Innovative blend of Thai Massage movements and Thai acupressure points.
- Relieves stress, boosts energy, alertness and productivity. Increases blood circulation, reduces muscle tension and pain.
- Helps to relieve repetitive-stress-injuries (RSI), relaxes and rejuvenates.
Upon completion students are able to perform a Thai Chair Massage depending on the needs of the client, from 20 minutes to maximum 1 hour.
Thai Foot Reflexology
- Practical technique to loosen the feet using a Thai reflexology stick, relax and stimulate the body to restore its own healthy balance in a natural way.
- Works with the reflex points on the feet that match each organ in the body.
- The nerve endings of the various organs in the body lead to the palms and soles of the feet. Abnormal function or blockage in the organs causes pain in the associated pressure point.
- When this pressure point is stimulated, the blockade is removed and the organ is returned to its correct function.
Upon completion students are able to perform an effective Thai Foot Reflexology Massage of 1 hour.
Deep Tissue and Sports Massage
- A massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue.
- Helpful for chronic aches and pains and contracted areas such as stiff neck and upper back pain, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
- Movement is slower than Classic Swedish Massage and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain in order to reach the sub-layer of muscles and the fascia (the connective tissue surrounding muscles).
Upon completion students are able to perform an effective Deep Tissue and Sports Massage of 1 to 1,5 hours on a table using oil.
Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic anatomy and physiology for massage
- Effects of massage per organ system (Circulatory System, Endocrine System, Gastrointestinal (Digestive) System, Integumentary System, Lymphatic System, Muscular System, Nervous System, Reproduction System, Respiratory System, Skeletal System and Urinary System)
- Indications and contra-indications for massage protocols
After completion students will have basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology and are able to determine the indications and contra-indications for the massage protocols.
Our way of teaching
During our lessons we not only teach you the best massage techniques, but you will also become healthier yourself. Our teaching methodology is called VAK, visual, auditory and kinaesthetic, meaning that you first look at the teacher when explaining the massage techniques. After that you give the massage on a fellow student and then you receive the massage. So you learn in 3 ways. But in this way you also work on your own health. It’s great to see that many of our students benefit immensely from the massage they receive during the lessons. For example, many of our students got rid of their burnout complaints, others experienced that their headache, backache and stress disappeared. Only because they are following a massage training and therefore, they themselves experience the benefits of Acupressure Massage Therapy.
WHAT CAN YOU BECOME AFTER FOLLOWING THE ACUPRESSURE MASSAGE THERAPY PROGRAM (LEVEL 1)?
- You will be a certified Thai Table Masseur, Thai Chair Masseur Lanna Style, Thai Foot Reflexology Masseur and a Deep Tissue and Sports Masseur
- You can work as an Acupressure Therapy Massage practitioner in a health centre, physio therapist clinic, spa’s, wellness centres, hotels, in other studios or your own place
- You can work as an Acupressure Massage Therapist in schools and companies offering business massage
- Set up your own massage company